There’s really nothing quite like an easy recipe. I know for a fact when I go to a blog and see a recipe with a dozen or more ingredients, half of which I don’t even know how to pronounce, I’m turned off. But then there are those recipes that instantly catch my eye because they’re limited to 10 or less ingredients, you can make them in 30 minutes or they use fresh, local and/or artisan ingredients. The last one being my personal favorite.
I think that hands down one of the easiest recipes in the world is making pasta. Really, how can you go wrong with it? It’s filling, you can add different sauces on top, it cooks in less than 10 minutes and it’s down right fun to eat.
This is why I decided to whip together this pasta dish in partnership with Hatchery and SELF Magazine this month. Today, SELF Magazine’s May issue hits stands and this handy dandy Hatchery box is apart of it! SELF is actually so cool that they decided to have their own SELF x Hatchery bundle for May.
This box comes with some of my favorite ingredients and out of the 4 in the box, I used 3 to whip together this pasta dish!
Before I get into this wickedly awesome and easy recipe, I’ll tell you a little bit more about what these goodies are and some of the ways I like to use them.
1. ) Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning – Greenpoint Trading Co. (Brooklyn, NY) – I put this seasoning on chicken or tempeh before I cook it. Really any protein goes great with this! It’s a nice addition with smoked salmon too. You can’t go wrong with garlic and pepper!
2.) Chai Spice Nut Butter – Big Spoon Roasters (Durham, NC) – This gem pairs nicely with roasted apples tossed in coconut oil and coconut sugar (to die for) as a mid-day snack or on a slice of sprouted bread with a banana. A tablespoon in your favorite smoothie goes a long way, too!
3.) Growers Blend “Shorty” Extra Virgin Olive Oil – The Other Brother Company (San Francisco, CA) – This is my new favorite olive oil for roasting veggies or mixing together with balsamic vinaigrette for a simple dressing.
4.) Almond & Garlic Romesco Sauce – Victoria Amory (Greenwich, CT) – I swear by this sauce on top of pasta (in this recipe coming up) but the perfect pairing is in a scrambled egg wrap with sauteed greens, mushrooms and dairy-free ricotta cheese. Try it!
Instead of using unbleached white or wheat flour pasta for this recipe, I decided to use the only pasta I ever have on hand in my cupboards… BANZA! If you don’t know by now, chickpea/black bean/lentil-based pastas are all the rave. It’s one trend I hope sticks around for quite awhile. Banza is as easy to cook as regular pasta but uses no gluten/wheat, only chickpeas. For a 2oz serving of pasta, it contains 14g of protein.
When it’s paired with roasted veggies and all of these Hatchery goods, it makes for one heck of a lunch or dinner!
- 1 box of your favorite pasta, cooked accordingly (I used Banza, made entirely of chickpeas)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Hatchery ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Growers Blend “Shorty” Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Victoria Amory Almond & Garlic Romesco Sauce
- 2 tbsp Greenpoint Trading Co.’s Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- Begin by boiling your pasta. After about 7-8 minutes, remove, rinse and strain. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 300º and cut your zucchini into ½ inch thick slices. Cut your tomatoes in half as well. Lay on a baking sheet and cover with 1 tbsp “Shorty” EVOO and 1 tbsp of the seasoning. Toss gently.
- Place sheet into oven for 25 minutes. Rotate the zucchini and grapes and then bake for another 20 checking every 5 minutes so the zucchini don’t burn but are nice and crispy!
- Once the vegetables are done roasting, scoop the pasta into a bowl, top with the romesco sauce, another tablespoon of seasoning, and all of the veggies.
- Serve for two and enjoy this Hatchery Made dish!
***The bundle is 20% off if you use SELFMAG at checkout as well!***
This post was sponsored and affiliated by/with Hatchery in partnership with SELF Magazine. All opinions and content are my own and I only share products/brands I truly love and want to share with others!