Now that Valentine’s Day is officially just around the corner, it’s time to gear up by creating all things sweet. While I don’t have any big plans this holiday seeing as though I’m single, I’ll still be celebrating and enjoying the day just like any other by attending Chicago’s Valentine’s Day themed Dose Market with one of my best friends. If you haven’t heard of it – do check it out ASAP! Once we’re back from the market, I plan on heading straight to my kitchen to make these five delicious vegan recipes. I’m sure my roommates will thank me.
To bring you all these delicious Valentine’s themed recipes today, I’ve paired up with some of my favorite blogger ladies. These bites are perfect to make with your loved one or to give to your loved one(s) as a gift, especially if you’re on a college budget like moi. I don’t know any guy or girl that wouldn’t want strawberry chia pudding or naturally dyed PINK pancakes for breakfast or peanut butter hearts (Reese’s anyone?), shortbread cookies, and chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake bites for dessert! I mean, c’mon?! YUM.
Now let’s get to the recipes.
- Sinful Strawberry Chia Pudding – Chickpea in The City
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup frozen strawberries, melted (with liquid)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder
- ½ cup vanilla protein (I choose Vega Protein and Greens)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 ramekins or small dishes
- Combine your almond milk, frozen strawberries, vanilla extract, maca powder and vanilla protein into your blender. Blend on high speed for about a minute until well incorporated. This will make your almond milk bright pink!
- Next, pour your milk into a glass with chia seeds and set into your fridge for at least one hour.
- Pour the mixture back into the blender and blend on low speed for about 15-30 seconds and pour into 2 ramekins. One for you and one for your valentine! Top with fresh strawberries.
Who needs the processed Reese’s at the drug store when you can make your sweetie these handmade hearts from Fooduzzi!? Count me in.
Any person would be ecstatic to receive shortbread cookies and when they’re drizzled with chocolate like these from Ex Sloth – what could be better? P.s. they’re naturally dyed with beets and sweetened with coconut sugar. Sounds right up my alley.
Two of my favorite things: raspberries and beets. No really. I promise you won’t even be able to tell there are beets in these yummy flapjacks!
Excuse me? Chocolate. Covered. Cheesecake. Add strawberries into the equation and you have me sold. Love Me Feed Me‘s vegan recipes never let me down and this Valentine’s dessert is one to remember.
Now that you’ve got the low down on these pink and red goodies, I think it’s time you head straight to the kitchen to whip them up!
Let me know in the comments what you’re doing this weekend to celebrate whether you’re going out to a fine-dining restaurant in the city with your boyfriend or girlfriend (goals) or drinking massive amounts of coffee and shopping like I’ll be doing! 😉
Happy Wednesday, chickpeas!