Thank you for Fage for sponsoring this post. All thoughts, opinions and photos are my own. Thank you to brands like Fage for making Chickpea in The City possible.
You guuuuys! Hi hi hi! It’s been a minute since I’ve posted any food to the blog and after a really long-winded January, I have so many things to share with you. Most importantly, today’s recipe. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and is the perfect side dish or snack for any time of day. Without further adieu, here come my Buffalo Pizza Cauliflower Bites. Simple, easy and made in my new favorite item I can’t live without… my air fryer.
I know the whole world is on a cauliflower kick but after having buffalo cauliflower for the first time in Colorado last year, I knew I had to re-create my own and not just the cauliflower but a homemade ranch dip to pair with it (and any extra veggies you might want). Then this past weekend when I had buffalo chicken tenders that were deep fried and a store-bought shelf ranch I thought… now is the time to whip out my air fryer, grab my FAGE Total 2% Plain Greek yogurt out of the fridge and make a healthier tv snack altogether.
Within the past few months and year, I’ve learned to expand my food philosophy and really opened my eyes to all of the different things you can eat. I try not to restrict myself to one specific diet and find that dairy is something I really can enjoy, depending on the ingredients involved and how minimal it is. While I’ve enjoyed not so healthy things more so in the last year than probably the last 7 of my life, I still like creating healthier options and ones that are easy and relatively affordable to make. Using FAGE Total in this recipe was a prime example of a product I love that you can find at many stores (click here for their store locator) and an item you can add into your daily routine that’s affordable and versatile.
Although delicious on its own, I love putting FAGE Total 2% Plain Greek yogurt in and on everything. For over 10 years (since high school), I’ve been making a parfait pretty much every day and will mix it with some berries and nut butter. FAGE allows me to make healthier choices by using Greek yogurt as a substitute, like using it in a dip instead of cream cheese!
I always opt for their 2% or 5% milk fat options because I like to include healthy fats in my diet. FAGE offers a variety of fat percentages to fit your lifestyle. Additionally, FAGE Total Plain Greek yogurt has no added sugar and they’re packed full of protein (1 serving of this dip has 17g of protein – oh hi!) and are so thick and creamy. In case you didn’t know, now you do — FAGE Total 2% Plain Greek yogurt and a few spices for a homemade “ranch” dip of sorts are epic. It was everything I never knew I needed.
I love pairing these bites with sweet potato fries and chicken meatballs, eating them alone as is dipped in the Greek yogurt or pairing them with other veggies on a salad. Additionally, you can find most of these ingredients at your conventional grocery store or Whole Foods (I picked everything up at Whole Foods for convenience).
If you make these let me know or just invite me over so I can have some with you.
- 1 medium-size head of cauliflower
- 1 cup buffalo sauce + 2tbsp water to thin out
- 1 cup of FAGE Total 2% Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups Grain-Free Pizza Dough Mix (or all-purpose flour or almond flour works!)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 packet Organic ranch dip mix (or you can opt for 1 tsp each of dried dill, parsley, onion, garlic, sprinkle of salt and pepper)
- ½ cup baby carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- Wash and dry cauliflower and break into small bits. Toss into a large bowl.
- Add pizza mix (or breadcrumbs) to a second bowl and whisk 2 eggs into a third bowl. Pour buffalo sauce into a fourth bowl.
- Start by dipping each cauliflower floret into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs then into the buffalo sauce.
- Add each floret onto parchment paper to let sit and marinate. Continue until all cauliflower is used. Top with salt and pepper and mix all around on the parchment paper.
- Add half of the cauliflower that’s on the parchment paper/baking sheet into your air fryer and cook at 300º for 20 minutes, rotating once.
- Once the first batch is done, do the second.
- Combine into a new bowl or tupperware dish and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooling, mix your spices into about ¾-1 cup of FAGE Total Greek yogurt and mix well in a small ramekin.
- Pair with carrots, chopped celery or any other crackers/bites you prefer.
- Store leftover cauliflower bites in air-sealed container for 2-3 days.